About Waringa Farming
Waringa Farming is owned and operated by John & Kristen Warr located in the Northern Agricultural Region of Western Australia at Yuna, 70km North-East of Geraldton. John is a 4th Generation farmer within the Yuna District and Chapman Valley region.
Waringa Farming offers our staff and our respective families the amazing opportunity to work daily with people, technology, markets and Mother Nature.
The agriculture sector provides a fulfilling lifestyle and a challenging career path. We are truly passionate about the present and the future of agriculture and remaining sustainable in an ever changing climate in regard to commodity prices and weather pattern uncertainty.
We are a cropping enterprise only and currently crop 11000Ha of Wheat, Canola and Lupins.
Waringa Farming has a full time team of four staff overseen by our farm manager. We employ seasonal casuals as required for seeding and harvest operations. We have good quality and recently renovated homes on our property that our staff are accommodated in and are in close proximity to the Yuna townsite and school.
Some practises that we have adopted into our business in the areas of management, efficiency and technology are;
- Maintaining the use of state of the art precision machinery
- Integrated soil and moisture system management
- Controlled traffic farming system
- Mouldboard ploughing to improve non-wetting soils and weed management
- Integrated weed management system
- Farm infrastructure – fencing and road realignment to improve efficiency
- Economy of scale is a work in progress